Delinquent Taxes and Sale of Real Property
Delinquent Taxes and Sale of Real Property
Jan 17 @ 1:00PM EST (Start)
NOTICE OF DELINQUENT TAXES AND SALE OF REAL PROPERTY MONTGOMERY COUNTY, VIRGINIA Pursuant to Virginia Code §58.1-3975, the following real property will be auctioned for sale to...
NOTICE OF DELINQUENT TAXES AND SALE OF REAL PROPERTY MONTGOMERY COUNTY, VIRGINIA
Pursuant to Virginia Code §58.1-3975, the following real property will be auctioned for sale to the highest bidder at a public auction to be held at the Montgomery County Government Center, 755 Roanoke Street, Christiansburg, Virginia 24073 in the Board Room on the 2nd Floor, on Thursday, January 17, 2019 at 1:00pm, or as soon thereafter as may be effected. The sale of such property is subject to the terms and conditions below and any such terms and conditions which may be announced on the day of the auction. Announcements made on the day of the auction take precedence over any prior written or verbal terms of sale.
No. Property Owner(s) Account Nos. Description
1. William E. McNew TACS No. 496146 Tax Map No. 073-A-15M Parcel ID No. 034212 1240 Brake Road Elliston 24087; Shawsville Magisterial District; Vacant land; Brake Branch Tract A-1; 0.678 Acres
2. Maggie E. Porter Estate TACS No. 496035 Tax Map No. 047-A 1 26F Parcel ID No. 036262 Shawsville Magisterial District; Vacant Land off Green Hill Lane; PT 20 FT Alley; .072 Acres
3. Betty Ellis Johnson, et al. TACS No. 496125 Tax Map No. 498-A 30 Parcel ID No. 009685 Town of Christiansburg/Shawsville Magisterial District; Summit Cut/Josie Jennings Land; Landlocked; 1 Acre
4. Betty Ellis TACS No. 496066 Tax Map No. 498-A 31 Parcel ID No. 015667 Town of Christiansburg/Shawsville Magisterial District; Summit Cut; Landlocked; 0.9 Acre
5. Ruth Lea Rispoli, et al. TACS No. 496133 Tax Map No. 036-A 41 Parcel ID No. 016029 Prices Fork Magisterial District; Vacant land, Wake Forest; 0.8 Acres
6. Frank L. Sheppard, et al. TACS No. 496157 Tax Map No. 060-A 137 Parcel ID No. 220064 Shawsville Magisterial District; Vacant land off Cove Hollow Rd Elliston 24087; near Lafayette; 0.25 Acres
7. William J. Rollins, Jr., et al. TACS No. 495903 Tax Map No. 497-A 153A,153C Parcel ID No. 031749 Shawsville Magisterial District; 2 Vacant Lots; Opp Passenger Sta; Adjacent to railroad tracks
8. Henry Billingsby, et al. TACS No. 495880 Tax Map No. 498-A 45D Parcel ID No. 001626 Town of Christiansburg/Shawsville Magisterial District; Summit Cut; 0.1 Acre
9. Harrison Carter TACS No. 495966 Tax Map No. 083-C1 A 13 Parcel ID No. 003226 Shawsville Magisterial District; Vacant land off Oldtown Rd.
10. Curtis Wallace TACS No. 495927 Tax Map No. 089-A 71 Parcel ID No. 031722 Riner Magisterial District; Vacant land off Rock Road; 0.25 Acres 11. Franklin R. Funk TACS No. 495975 Tax Map No. 098-A 33E Parcel ID No. 024639 Shawsville Magisterial District; Stapleton Branch; Vacant land off Willis Hollow Rd; 0.62 Acres
TERMS OF SALE: The highest bidder shall make payment in full at the time of the auction. All payments must be made in the form of personal check, traveler’s check, cashier’s check or money order. Cash will not be accepted. The County has the right to reject any bids determined to be unreasonable in relation to estimated value of the Property. Properties are conveyed by Special Warranty Deed, subject to any easements, covenants, agreements, restrictions, reservations, and any and all rights of record which may affect the property. There will be a buyer’s premium of 10% or $100.00, whichever is greater, added to the winning bid and deed recordation costs added to the winning bid to determine final contract price. The final contract price must be paid in full the day of the auction.
Properties are offered for sale as-is, where is, with all faults and without any warranty, either expressed or implied. Persons are encouraged to make a visual inspection of the property within the limits of the law and to obtain an independent title search prior to bidding on any of the properties. Bidders are strongly encouraged to make their own inspection to determine the suitableness of the property and it is assumed that all bidders will perform due diligence prior to the day of the auction. Any costs incurred by the bidder to inspect the property are at the expense of the bidder and are non-refundable.
Please be advised that in order to qualify as a bidder at this auction, you may not owe delinquent taxes to Montgomery County, Virginia, and you may not be a Defendant in any delinquent tax suit. Questions concerning the property subject to sale or the tax sale process should be directed to TACS online at www.taxva.com, by email to email@example.com, by phone to (804) 545-2500 or (804) 548-4424, or by writing to the address below.
John A. Rife, Esq. Taxing Authority Consulting Services, PC P.O. Box 31800 Henrico, Virginia 23294-1800